There are two ways to sell old coins. You can sell your old coins to a dealer, like us. Or you can sell your coins or coin collection at auction. We help you decide which is the best way to sell your bank notes or coin collection.
The collections industry is an interesting one. Often our clients are new to collecting and have inherited a coin or a collection, including bank notes and are wanting to sell, at the best price.
It’s really important that you bring your coins to a reputable coin dealer. We can offer to buy your coin collection, or we can facilitate an auction for you.
We are the best place to sell old coins. Our qualified, experienced coin valuers are here to talk you through which is the best option for you.
How to sell old coins, collections and banknotes to us
- Bring your items to our Hamilton showroom or get in touch if you need us to value your coins online.
- We identify the coin. It’s important to understand the heritage of your coin collection to be able to accurately value it.
- We assess the condition of the coin, collection or bank notes. Please note – do not attempt to clean your coin! Coins are often considered historical artefacts and a collector may prefer a natural coin. Your coin may actually be worth more before you clean it.
- We appraise your coin collection. The better the condition and the rarer a coin is, the more valuable it will be to a collector.
- We will offer you a purchase price for your complete collection. Based on industry trends we may also recommend that the best option to maximise your price for the coins is to auction them through our Auction House partner.
Book an obligation-free appraisal from our collections experts
Our subsidiary, Imperial Jewellery also buys jewellery, diamonds, precious gems and precious metals, in any condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my coin is in poor condition?
We buy all coins and banknotes, no matter what the condition.
Do I need to make an appointment?
It’s ideal if you can give us a quick call before coming in so we can make sure the best person to help you is available
What if I can’t make it to your Hamilton store?
We are happy for you to send us photos of your coins and we can value them via email.
How do you pay me for my coin?
Payment can be made in cash or via bank transfer.
How long will it take?
Generally we can give you an offer for your coin or collection at the time of your first visit or email. For rarer collectables, we may need up to 2 days to refer to our team of valuers to ensure the most accurate value and offer for you.
What if my coin or bank note isn’t listed on your website?
Don’t worry if your item is not on the list, we buy back coins and notes in all forms.
What items are always popular?
Royal Australian Mint Coins, Perth Mint Coins, Rolls, Error Coins, Coin Collections and Old Australian Coins are always popular. We are always on the lookout for the Australian 1930 Penny, Australian 1923 Halfpenny and 1934-5 Melbourne Centenary Florin.